Skip to main content

DIY: How to make Sugar Wax for Hair Removal


Sugaring is known as an another way of removing hair. It is somewhat like salon waxing but it is less expensive and it can be done at the comfort of your own home. It does not darken your skin but instead it whitens it.

This post was originally posted on my Tumblr Blog. If you want some piece of Gyaru, Harajuku, Lolita and everything kawaii on your tumblr dashboard, kindly follow me: Fashion & Soya 
Thank you! (☞゚∀゚)☞



Sugaring Hair Removal is an ancient middle-eastern practice uses an all natural paste or gel made from food-derived ingredients like sugar, water, and lemon juice to remove the hair follicle from the root.

(Source: Wiki)

I've done this DIY during April because I was curious if it does really work as what those Youtube videos have said and also to know if it's the same as this "Cold Wax" that I've purchased a couple of years ago. So before I come to my conclusion I will share with you my complete procedure in making this sugar wax.

Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
  • 1/2 kilo of white/ brown sugar (white sugar melts and burns easily so if you prepare to minimize the cooking time might as well use white sugar but for me, I prefer brown since it is less expensive)
  • 1/2 cup of  Lemon Juice or Calamansi Juice for the whitening part (Calamansi is like the mini version of Lemon and since Calamansi is less expensive here in the Philippines I prefer using it than Lemon. Gosh, lemons are so expensive here.) ಥ‿ಥ
  • 1/2 cup of water

Step 2: Mix all the ingredients in a Saucepan
Make sure that the saucepan that you're going to use is big enough because when the Sugaring Mixture boils: its bubbles will rapidly rise and even if you lower the heat, the bubbles will not easily lower instead it will just remain at that height. (Sorry for my grammar, I sure hope you get what I'm trying to point out) (+_+)


Step 3: Turn the Heat On!
When you turn the stove on, I suggest that you put it on medium so that the sugar will not burn easily.


Step 4: Patience is a virtue 
Wait until the concoction boils: it usually takes for like 10-15 minutes to boil. When you see that the concoction is about to boil, switch from medium heat to lower heat then begin scraping off some parts of the sugaring mixture that had stuck on the side of the saucepan. 


Step 5: Cool it down
Turn off the stove then put the mixture in a microwaveable and heat proof container and let it cool down. Don't use it immediately! You'll burn your skin dear! Wait for a couple of hours before using it.


Some Tips (。◕‿◕。)
  • Before applying it, make sure to wash your skin first to remove the skin's natural oil so that the paste will stick. 
  • You can also apply some powder to your skin before putting the paste in order to protect your skin from being ripped off by the paste. (Ouch! That sure hurts) o(≧o≦)o
  • After the hair removal treatment make sure to wash your skin thoroughly and apply some moisturizers.

Conclusion:
Removing hair with this method is very time consuming (don't forget HURTFUL) but reassuring. It really does remove those unwanted hairs. When I finished making it I realized that It is somewhat same as what I've purchased. However, if you don't like to waste your time cooking: I think you should just purchase the Cold Wax BUT, if you're like me who is thrifty this recipe will do for you. However, since I'm a pretty busy person (cos college is so stressful) I think I shall stick to my Veet Hair Removal Cream for the meantime because it is not that time consuming.



Comments

  1. Amazing blogpost, thanks for sharing such useful information.If you are depressed from your itchy skin,Morgellons skin diseases,parasites skin,or other Skin Disease,Try Debriding Soap cure which is made from natural substances.For more information you should visit at Debriding Soap cure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)